100% FLAWLESS WITH HIGH TURNOUT: J&K PHASE 1 HAS QUESTIONS FOR SEPARATISTS (1)
9. Lotus was visible everywhere this time in the areas where the Phase 1 of the J&K Assembly Polls were held. RSS affiliate Muslim Rashtriya Manch and Delhi based organization of Muslim clerics, Jamaat-e-Ulema-i-Hind are working with the energy that is known to be an RSS forte. Jammu and Ladakh were always visible on radar but the scenario now speaks of BJP making significant inroads even in the Valley. Entry of another mainstream national political party of India as a major force in the state – isn’t it a positive sign for the political integration of the state.
10. What if the BJP wins 30 seats and manages numbers to form the government or wins the numbers on its own – wouldn’t it be about the definitive change of perceptions about Kashmir, about the so-called notions of ‘Kashmiriyat’ and about the anti-secular credentials of BJP?
11. First Congress and now BJP, the two main national political parties in India, are now have major presence in the state if we go by the pre-poll projections of these assembly polls in J&K, while the separatists, who claim to be the sole voice of the people of J&K, are marginalized. Could the separatists not read what was coming next for them?
12. It looks the reports of separatists looting and deflecting the Union Government aid and assistance by the central agencies during the recent floods have dented much the face value of the separatist leaders. Also, like the state government, they, too, were not visible, except for making anti-India rhetoric. Action speaks louder than words – isn’t it?
13. The prompt response of the Indian government, first during the floods, and now in the Budgam shooting case of two teenagers where speedy probe resulted in nine soldiers being indicted today – were these the right messages delivered at right time the impact value of which could finally open the doors to the efforts the Indian government has been trying for long – consistent efforts to bring the people of J&K to realities of the hollow agenda of separatists the terror-driven anti-India moves of Pakistan?
14. Given by the developments, isn’t it the high time for the separatists shed their escapist garb in the name of ‘Kashmiriyat’ and prove their base in the state?
15. Alternatively, isn’t it the apt time for the Indian government to politically manoeuvre the prevailing situation to co-opt the separatists who are down and out morally?
©/IPR: Santosh Chaubey – https://santoshchaubey.wordpress.com/