1. What if BJP emerges with numbers to form the government in Jammu & Kashmir?
2. If it indeed happens, will it be another testimony to the Modi Wave/Modi Factor?
3. What will/should matter more for BJP – the final outcome or the way to final outcome? Even if it emerges as the second largest party as the exit polls project, it is expected to have numbers to manage the numbers to form the government in the state.
4. What if BJP wins numbers on its own? Will it follow what it has been saying – on Article 370 and other important issues related to the state?
5. Or, will it be forced to continue with the stand that it had to adopt before approaching the elections – putting on hold, looking to ensure the ground first – with fears of civil unrest in the Valley?
6. What will happen to the BJP agenda on Article 370 if it forms a government in coalition with other stakeholders in the state?
7. Can this ‘ideological’ issue for BJP take back seat given the fact that Narendra Modi and the Union Government have failed, so far, in containing the provocative remarks and acts of Hindu nationalism by RSS, its affiliates and some BJP members.
8. What if BJP is not able to form the government but registers a fascinating show by emerging as the second largest party in J&K, an allegedly communal party with Hindu Nationalism elements in the only Muslim state of India, wouldn’t it be a big achievement for such a party even if it scores a handsome second place that doesn’t allow it to form the government, given the fact that it will be doing so at the cost of one mainstream J&K party (National Conference, in government now) and Congress, the national party and a big political force in J&K so far?
9. BJP winning or becoming the main political opposition – will it alter the political discourse in India?
10. How will it alter the political discourse in India – has it the potential to rewrite the ‘secular Vs Communal’ discourse in Indian polity?
11. BJP winning or becoming the main political opposition – if it happens so, will it result in increased acceptability for BJP giving it the makeover of being a national party with presence across India and across religions?
©/IPR: Santosh Chaubey – https://santoshchaubey.wordpress.com/