Pakistan’s defence minister Khawaja Asif warned (read threatened) India today – “In the past six-seven months, we have tried to better our ties with India so that peace can prevail. But it seems that they do not understand this language. I believe, we will now communicate with India in the language they understand.”
And as threatened, Pakistan did communicate today, taking its ceasefire violations and cross-border firings to the similar barbaric level that target civilians every now and then, killing two Army personnel, one civilian – shelling houses in border villages across the International Border (IB) forcing evacuation of many villages. A similar recent response by Pakistan in October 2014 had met with some tough response by India forcing the Pakistani ruling establishment to hide under its skin.
With the trademark Pakistani style retaliatory communication today, Pakistan has maintained its proven track-record of shameless doublespeak – saying they are the peace-loving folks – and are forced to act by India whenever ‘ceasefire violations by India’ happen:
- When the country is seen as one of the few nations following the policy of state-sponsored terror, waging proxy wars, especially in India and Afghanistan..
- When the country is globally knows as the origin and factory of Taliban..
- When the country is at the forefront of the debate on countries giving rise to the ‘good terror Vs bad terror’ discourse by their terror-oriented policy..
- When the world knows that its ruling establishment harboured Osama bin-Laden for years while feigning ignorance to the world that forced US to exclude Pakistan from its Osama hunt that ultimately resulted in US carrying on an operation on its own, in Pakistan, near its capital Islamabad, while no one in Pakistan could sense it..
Countries with such an encyclopaedia of lying and doublespeak preach they kill in order to make others learn the process of peace they want to project – and ‘others’ here is the largest democracy in the world with strong democratic tradition and institutions, India – a responsible nuclear power – a regional power – an emerging global power – an economic powerhouse of the day – the largest future market for the companies of the world with its young demography and its ever-expanding middle class that is slated to eclipse the marketing trends of the world.
Now, that is a norm expected from Pakistan and its ruling establishments – the feeble politicians with no choice but to toe the line dictated by military establishment of Pakistan – and the people ruling Pakistan’s military establishment, living under a perpetual anti-India fear psychosis – drawing their sanctity to rule Pakistan by fuelling anti-India sentiments in Pakistan riding on the ‘K word’ – frustrated by their inferiority complex:
- When they see India’s superior economy, superior military and healthy social institutions..
- When they see the issue that gives them the power to blind the Pakistanis, the so-called ‘cause of Kashmir’ slipping even farther away with a peaceful election registering highest ever poll percentage of 65%..
- When they see India’s rising global stature..
- When they see Russian President Vladimir Putin, undoubtedly the most powerful dictator of the day, has to come to India to placate India on Russia-Pakistan defence deals while desperately looking for business to keep running the Russian economy reeling under sanctions of US and European Union..
- When they see US President Barack Obama cordially accepts India’s invitation to become the chief guest of its Republic Day function on January 26 while flatly refusing Pakistan’s request to extend his trip India’s neighbour..
- When they see in their past and find they have lost every war they fought with India..
- When they see in their past and reflect on the humiliating loss of East Pakistan and birth of today’s Bangladesh..
And the high tone of the rhetoric of Pakistan’s defence minister today is reflective of this frustrated mindset of nation’s ruling establishment and nothing more.
Yes, Pakistan is in no position to wage a direct war with India and it realized it a long ago and so it adopted the policy of waging proxy war in Jammu & Kashmir and other parts of India. It pushes terrorists in India. It pushes terror money in India. It tries to indoctrinate and radicalised Indian youth in the name of religion. It mentors separatists of Kashmir.
And regular ceasefire violations by Pakistan are one of the guised channels to push terrorists in India. What is making Pakistani ruling establishment nervous and restless is that India is no more in the mood to play the Good Samaritan keeping restraint. It is giving befitting reply now, like it did in October 2014.
Don’t be surprised, if tomorrow, you come across the news that ‘Indian reply across the border with Pakistan forces Pakistani guns to go silent once again after facing heavy losses’.
©/IPR: Santosh Chaubey –/